The Schengen Visa Application Form is the document that individuals must fill out when applying for a Schengen visa to travel to one or more of the 27 European countries that are part of the Schengen Area. The form requires applicants to provide personal information such as their name, address, date of birth, and passport details, as well as information about their travel plans and the purpose of their trip. It is important to fill out the form completely and accurately, as any errors or omissions could result in a delay or denial of the visa application. The Schengen Visa Application Form can typically be downloaded from the website of the embassy or consulate of the country or countries that the applicant plans to visit.
The above is a list of links to download the Schengen Visa Application Form for different European countries. The links include Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Estonia, France, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Lithuania, Sweden, Switzerland, and Lichtenstein.
How To Fill-In The Schengen Visa Application Form?
Everyone who is looking to obtain a Schengen Visa to travel to Europe, is required to fill in and sign the official application form. Download the Schengen Visa application form and fill it in cautiously and honestly as described below:
- Surname (Family Name): Write your name as indicated on your passport (Please do not add the words “married name” and the name of your husband)!
- Surname at birth (Former Family Name): Write the name you had at your birth if different than the one indicated in section 1.
- First Name(s): Write your first name(s) as indicated on your passport.
- Date of Birth: Write your date of birth in day-month-year order. (Example. 15.05.1990)
- Place of Birth: Write your place of birth as indicated on your passport.
- Country of Birth : Add the name of the country, even if it is not specified on the passport.
- Current Nationality : Nationality at Birth, if different. Write your passport’s nationality, and if appropriate, your nationality at birth if it is different from your actual nationality.
- Gender : Check the box corresponding to your gender (Male or Female).
- Civil Status : Check the box corresponding to your legal marital status.
- Minors : Write the full name, address, and nationality of the person holding parental authority or legal guardianship
- National Identity Number : Write your national identity number, if applicable
- Travel Document Type : Specify the type of travel document.
- Travel Document Number : Write the number as indicated in your passport or in your travel document.
- Issue Date: Write the date your passport was issued (Please do not put the extension date).
- Expiration Date: Write the date as indicated in your passport, taking into account any extension.
- Issued By: Specify the authority that issued the passport and the place of issue.
- Applicant’s home address, email address and Telephone Number: Write the mailing address specifying whether it is your personal mailbox or that of another person or company (in this case, write the name of the mailbox owner). Write your email address and as well as your landline and mobile telephone numbers in your country of residence and, where appropriate, in the country where you are submitting your visa application.
- Residence in Another Country: Specify whether you live in a country other than your current nationality, stating, if you answer yes, the number of your residence permit and its expiration date.
- Current Occupation: In principle, write the occupation indicated on the passport; if you indicate a different occupation, please write a short explanation, for example: “professor (former student)” or “retired (former sales manager)”. If you have no occupation, write “no occupation”.
- Employer or Educational Institution: Write the name of the organization (firm, public service, educational institution) where you work and its contact information.
- The Main Purpose of Your Trip: Check the box that describes the purpose of your trip.
- Destination Member State: Write the name of the country you will be residing in for most of the traveling days, referred to as the main destination.
- First Entry Member State: Specify the country where you will be entering the Schengen area.
- Number of Entries Requested: Check the box corresponding to your desired number of entries.
- Length of Stay: Write the duration corresponding to your desired length of stay.
- Schengen Visas Issued during the Last 3 Years: Specify the number of visas that you have obtained to enter the Schengen area during the last 3 years.
- Fingerprints: Check the corresponding box. If your fingerprints have already been taken for a visa application, indicate the date.
- Entry Permit for Your Final Destination Country, If Applicable: Write the number and validity dates for your visa at your final destination, if this country is outside the Schengen area.
- Arrival Date: Write your expected arrival date in the Schengen area.
- Departure Date: Write your departure date from the Schengen area.
- Inviting Person’s Name: Write the name of the person who invited you, or the contact information for a hotel, specifying all the details (telephone and fax).
- Host Organization / Firm Name and Address: Write the name and address of the firm or organization that invited you (telephone and fax) and the contact information for your contact person in the firm.
- Travel and Living Expenses During Your Stay Are Covered by? Check the appropriate box (you may check several boxes).
- Personal Information Regarding a Family Member who is a European Union, EEA, or Swiss National: Write the full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, and relationship only if you are the dependent spouse, child, father, or mother of a person who is a citizen of another State of the European Union.
- Relationship: Check the appropriate box if you are a family member of a European Union, EEA, or Swiss national.
- Date and Location: Write the place and date where you are filling-in the form, even if this date is different than the day you are going to the visa service.
- Signature: The Visa application form should be completely filled and signed by Visa applicant and not another person. If the visa applicant is a minor (under 18), the application must be signed by a person having parental authority and their relationship should be included in parentheses (father, mother, guardian). If the visa applicant cannot sign, a cross may be used.
* A separate visa application form is required for each applicant.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Austria.
- Austria Application form Schengen Visa (Visa C)
- Austria Application form Visa D
- Austria Applications form for residence permits
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Belgium.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Croatia.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Czech Republic.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Denmark and Iceland.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Finland and Estonia.
Download Schengen Visa Application form for France.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Germany and Slovenia.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Greece.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Hungary.
Download Schengen Visa Application form for Italy.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Latvia.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Luxembourg.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Malta.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Norway.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Poland.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Portugal.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Slovakia.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Spain and Lithuania.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Sweden.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for Switzerland and Lichtenstein.
Download Schengen Visa Application Form for The Netherlands.